Dr. Hong has worked primarily on the design, monitoring analysis of cancer clinical trials and randomized control trials. She serves as the lead statistician for the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group's Lymphoma Committee, and for the nursing and patient care research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Her current research work focuses on the design of phase II and phase III clinical trials incorporating predictive biomarkers, developing predictive molecular signatures from gene array data, and methods on patient outcome data analysis.
Dr. Hong received her PhD from University of California, Davis in 2004 and then served as a bioinformatician as the Salk Institute for Biological Sciences. Later she was an Assistant Professor at the City of Hope National Medical Center, and in 2007, joined DFCI. She also works at the statistical office for the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group. In year 2012, she was a guest researcher at the Biometric Research Branch, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute.
1. Berry DL, Wang Q, Halpenny B, Hong F. Decision preparation, satisfaction and regret in a multi-center of men with newly diagnosed localized prostate cancer. Patient Educ Couns. 2012 Aug;88(2):262-7 PMCID:PMC3409298
2. Gordon LI, Hong F, Fisher RI, Bartlett NL, Connors JM, Gascoyne RD, Wagner H, Stiff PJ, Cheson BD, Gospodarowicz M, Advani RH, Kahl BS, Friedberg JW, Blum KA, Habermann TM, Tusca±no J, Hoppe RT, Horning SJ. A Randomized Phase III Trial of ABVD vs. Stanford V + Radiation Therapy In Locally Extensive and Advanced Stage Hodgkin's Lymphoma: An Intergroup Study Coordinated by the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (E2496). J. Clin Oncol 2013; 31:684-691. PMC3574266
3. Scott D, Chan FC, Hong F, Rogic S, Tan K, Meissner B, Farinha P, Horning SJ, Fisher RI, Bartlett NL, Shepherd LE, Connors JM, de Sousa AB, Kahl BS, Gordon LI, Steidl C, Gascoyne RD. A Gene Expression-Based Model Using Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Biopsies Predicts Overall Survival in Advanced Stage Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma. J Clin Oncol 2013; 31:692-700
4. Hong F, Kahl BS, Gray R. Incremental value in outcome prediction with gene-expression based signature in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma. Blood, 2013 Jan 3, 121(1): 156-8 PMID:23160463
5. Rosovsky R, Hong F, Tocco D, Connell B, Mitsiades C, Schlossman R, Ghobrial I, Lockridge L, Warren D, Bradwin G, Doyle M, Munshi N, Soiffer RJ, Anderson KC, Weller E, Richardson P. Endothelial stress products and coagulation markers in patients with multiple myeloma treated with lenaliodomide plus dexamethasone: an observational study. Br J Haematol 2013 Feb; 160(3):351-8
6. Evens A, and Hong F. How Can Outcomes Be Improved for Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma? J Clin Oncol. April 20, 2013 vol. 31 no. 12 1502-1505 PMID: 23509323
7. Evens A, Hong F, Gordon LI, Fisher RI, Bartlett NL, Connors JM, Gascoyne RD, Wagner H, Gospodarowicz M, Cheson BD, Stiff PJ, Advani RH, Miller TP, Kahl BS, Hoppe RT, Horning SJ. The efficacy and tolerability of adriamycin, bleomycin, vinblastine, dacarbazine, and Stanford V in older Hodgkin lymphoma patients: a comprehensive analysis from the North American intergroup trial E2496. Br J Haematol, 2013 Apr; 161(1):76-86.
8. Siefert ML, Hong F, Valcarce B, Berry DL. Patient and Clinician Communication of Self-Reported Insomnia During Ambulatory Cancer Care Clinic Visits. Cancer Nursing, 2013 Feb 28. [Epub ahead of print]
9. Kanakry JA, Li H, Gellert L, Lemas LV, Hsieh W, Hong F, Tan KL, Gascoyne RD, Gordon LI, Fisher RI, Bartlett NL, Stiff P, Cheson BD, Advani R, Miller TP, Kahl B, Horning SJ, Ambinder RF. Plasma Epstein-Barr virus DNA predicts outcome in advanced Hodgkin lymphoma: correlative analysis from a large North America co-operative group trial. Blood, 2013 Feb 5. [Epub ahead of print]
10. Hong F, Bosco LF, Bush N, Berry DL. Patient Self-Appraisal of Change and Minimal Clinically Important Difference on the EORTC QLQ-C30 Before and During Cancer Therapy. BMC Cancer. 2013 Mar 28; 13(1): 165